Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 2-Going to Work


In order to make enough money to buy food everyone in my family is forced to work. In the building next to my tenement is a shoe factory. On most days I wake up at 5:00 am in order to get to my spot in time. I work hard on the giant sewing machine all day. Last summer a drop of sweat rolled past my brow and salted my eye, in the moment that I winced from the pain of the salt the giant needle struck my ring finger. I ran home and bandaged it up so that I could return to work the next day, my uncle says that if you don't work you don't eat. I don't really get a break for lunch, most days when the foreman leaves the work room we sneak small pieces of our what we ate last night. With my wage I manage to buy food for myself and family each night, but nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment