Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 3-Missing Dad

Writing the other day about who I lived with really made me miss my dad. A few years ago he simply never came home from work. Somehow we knew that it would happen some day. A lot of fathers in my neighborhood have a feeling of inadequacy. Most men, like everyone else in Mulberry Bend fall into a deep depression and many begin to drink. I feel no shame because many other kids my age are in the same situation. My father was one of these, his drinking contributed to our financial problems. We're not really sure where he is, from what I hear he most likely took off west somewhere. So that's pretty much what happened to him, the night he never came home we knew we'd never see him again. I feel no shame because many other kids my age are in the same situation. That's why we're here with my mother's father and brother. We're probably better off without him, but I still miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment